Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:01 pm

Home automation

Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:08 pm

Hi All,

I currently use a rPi with a RFXCom and Domoticz along with a load of devices to control various things in my house, it all works great for the most part... but there are a few things that dont work and I want to start a project to see if I can add to my setup. I have started to read various posts but wanted to directly get some input on where to start.

Most HA stuff works on 433 or 868 and while the RFXCom does a great job of pick up 90% its the other 10% of stuff I want to crack.

So firstly I need to add 433 and 868 transceivers to my PI. Does anyone have any suggestions hardware options?

The next step is see if I can debug codes and write logic around them. My main priority is the MiGuard G5 security system, which I'd love to use the PIRs and trigger various things in Domoticz.

Posts: 368
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:45 pm
Location: Liverpool

Re: Home automation

Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

you can pick up the 433mhz transmitters and receivers on ebay dirt cheap like £2 - Infosec tools

Return to “Other projects”